The first condition for forming links between the COBIB.SI shared bibliographic database (COBIB.SI) and the Web of Science databases (WoS) is that the bibliographic record for the publications exists in WoS, or in other words, the publication is published in one of the serials indexed by the following databases (Web of Science Core Collection
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED) from 1970,
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) from 1970,
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI) from 1975,
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) from 2015,
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science (CPCI-S) from 2011,
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Social Sciences & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) from 2011,
- Book Citation Index – Science (BKCI-S) from 2011,
- Book Citation Index – Social Sciences & Humanities (BKCI-SSH) from 2011,
- Current Chemical Reactions from 2011 (includes Institut National de la Propriete Industrielle structure data back to 1840),
- Index Chemicus from 2011.
For a specific publications in WoS, the total number of times the publication is cited (Times Cited) from all databases is displayed. However, when viewing publications that cite the publication, only the publications from the databases, to which we have access, are displayed (Web of Science Core Collection). In COBISS/SciMet also, only the citations from those databases are taken into account.
Each bibliographic record in WoS contains a link to the list of references (Cited References). The list may contain publications, which have bibliographic records in WoS, as well as publications which do not have bibliographic records in these databases. On this basis, the number of citations can be determined for the publications which have bibliographic records, but cannot be determined for the publications which do not have bibliographic records. These are references to serials which are neither indexed nor taken into account in the calculation of impact factor by WoS.
It is recommended to check citations in WoS via Search. You will find only the publications which have their bibliographic records in these databases. If Cited Reference Search is used instead, you can find also the publications which do not have their bibliographic records in these databases and do not contain all information necessary to identify the publication and its authors.
New links between records in COBIB.SI and WoS are automatically established daily. Data on the number of citations for already linked records is updated weekly. The fact that the publication is published in a serial indexed by WoS does not mean that the publication is actually included in one of the said databases. In other words, Thomson Reuters chooses selectively the publications in certain serials. Records for Slovene authors that are identified in theWoSmissing links